Don't expect to see Davante Adams against the Falcons

The vetearn wide receiver will hopefully return after the bye week.

Despite practicing all week, Davante Adams looks to miss tonight's Monday Night Football matchup with the Atlanta Falcons, per, um, Davante Adams.

In a Tweet that was deleted a few minutes after it appeared, Adams wrote:

"Sorry fans and friends I wont be on the field tonight. I've done everything I need to do and proved Im ready but I guess I don't know my body as well as others. Good luck out there my boys"

Adams joins Billy Turner in a chorus of players who have seeming;y expressed frustrations with the medical staff for being held out of games.

Recently Turner said, "Without discussing my injury because that is not something that I talk about, you gotta ask the coaching staff and the medical staff about that. That was not my decision. But here we are going into Week 4, and I'm up and playing and I'm healthy and that's all I'm going to say about that."

The Packers have historically been very conservative with their decision making when it comes to allowing players to return from injury, so this is really no surprise.

The team has several other players listed as Questionable heading into tonight's game, including Kenny Clark and Jaire Alexander. We'll see later this evening who is up and who is down for the game against the Falcons.

Bure9620's picture

October 05, 2020 at 10:29 am

This is getting interesting...MVS, Sheperd and Taylor likely active with Ervin
Should be a good amount of TE and RB targets tonight..

PatrickGB's picture

October 05, 2020 at 10:57 am

I am ok with a loss IF it means that the injured players get the rest and recovery for the long season ahead of them.

murf7777's picture

October 05, 2020 at 11:28 am

Agreed, and I'm hopeful we still get a W. The last thing Packers need is a soft tissue injury nagging him throughout the year. Smart move on the Packers part IMO.

edp1959's picture

October 05, 2020 at 12:50 pm

Isn't it just great having to accept a loss because someone felt the greater need was to draft a clip board holder and bench warmer 1 and 2.

Leatherhead's picture

October 05, 2020 at 11:09 am

Adams is a guy you’d like to have on the field, but in the five games without him last year and this, we’re averaging well over 30 ppg.

As long as Rodgers and Jones are getting good blocking we’ll score points.

Bure9620's picture

October 05, 2020 at 11:34 am

Protection will be key tonight.....If our O-line plays the way it has thus far, the Packers will move the ball well.....

October 05, 2020 at 04:34 pm

Atlanta has an anemic pass rush (low sacks and pressures) and their DL is beat up. They'll likely need to bring extra guys to get much pressure tonight.

cheesehead1's picture

October 05, 2020 at 11:26 am

I’m more worried about our D. Would like to see us hold ATL to 23 or fewer but that seems like wishful thinking. We’re giving up 28 per game. That won’t cut it in the long run. Hopefully, Pettine will change things up and take some chances.....GPG!

CoachDino's picture

October 05, 2020 at 03:36 pm

Why won't giving up 28 a game cut it in the long run? Packers are averaging 40ppg.

Looking at the top teams in the league they are giving up points as well.

PF4L's picture

October 05, 2020 at 05:57 pm

Go through the ages Dino...not many Championship teams give up 28 ppg.

Leatherhead's picture

October 05, 2020 at 06:11 pm

Actually, teams are averaging 25.8. So there should be an expectation that good teams will exceed that.

I would predict we'll win every game where we hold opponent to 28 or less.

Fubared's picture

October 05, 2020 at 02:38 pm

Wow the injurie list from yesterday is horrid. Many of those were season enders too. I wish Lazard a healthy recovery. Over the years weve seen these core muscle injuries and they take a long time to heal and are painful. Would not be shocked to see him miss the reast of the season. Good kid, good athlete. We should clone him.

October 05, 2020 at 04:36 pm

With the bye coming next week and Adams saying he feels well, I would play him on a pitch count and take my chances. That's just me.