The annual Green Bay Packers minicamp will take place Friday May 16 through Sunday May 18, and every year the team invites several undrafted players to take part on a tryout basis.
Typically the team leaves a handful of roster spots open for the most impressive of the tryout players.
According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, the list of players invited to tryout for the team includes:
- Running back James Sims, Kansas
- Kicker Vincenzo D'Amato, California
- Punter Paul Layton, Temple
- Defensive lineman L.T. Tuipolutu, Utah
- Inside linebacker Nate Dreiling, Pittsburg State
- Running back Chris Rycraw, Ouachita Baptist
- Offensive lineman Jamal Ellis, Newberry
- Outside linebacker Jordan Stanton, James Madison
Sims was a second-team All-Big 12 selection in both 2012 and 2013, rushing for more than 1,000 yards each season.
D'Amato was a second-team All-Pac 12 selection after making 17 of 20 field goals and 82 points as a senior. He was invited to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl all-star game.
Coincidentally, the Packers signed another kicker out of California with an Italian surname last season when they signed Giorgio Tavecchio to compete with Mason Crosby.
Layton averaged 42.8 yards per punt as a senior and was invited to the Medal of Honor Bowl all-star game.
- Like Like
- 5 points