When the Green Bay Packers unveil their renovated Pro Shop inside Lambeau Field on July 17, shoppers will see a space that 21,500 square feet, more than double the previous size.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 9:00 a.m. on July 17, the organization announced Tuesday, a week ahead of the annual shareholders meeting and nine days before the start of training camp.
“All of us at the Packers are excited about the new Packers Pro Shop,” said Packers president Mark Murphy. “It is different from what most team stores look like. We think fans and shoppers are going to love it.”
The changes taking place within the Pro Shop are part of $166 million renovation and expansion of Lambeau Field.
Among the biggest changes is relocation of the Pro Shop to the newly-created lobby level of the stadium, which is the ground floor. The Pro Shop will span the entire front side of the atrium.
When shoppers enter the store from the main entrance on the north side of Lambeau Field, they’ll immediately see a six foot tall, authentic, scaled replica of a gameday helmet hanging from the ceiling.
As part of the new multi-leveled approach, shoppers will be able to take escalators up to main level of the atrium, where they'll be able to access the relocated and expanded Packers Hall of Fame and a new restaurant by 205.
New features within the Pro Shop include:
- A jersey section featuring more than 15,000 jerseys
- An entire wall of hats
- The Packers “garage” which will feature tailgating accessories and home goods
- A large section of Packers collectibles
- Men’s, women’s, youth and children’s sections
- A non-branded area featuring goods by top companies, including: Lucy, Kühl, Nike Golf and Cutter & Buck
Several of the unique designs located inside the Pro Shop will include:
- A football light fixture that measures 10 feet by 6 feet
- A two-sided video wall featuring 12, 55-inch panel TVs that can be used simultaneously as well as individually
- Flat screen TVs will be located throughout the store, continuously broadcasting Packers news, games and NFL highlights
- Jersey-striped store columns with custom lighting
- More than 50 custom-made mannequins, including green and gold mannequins
- A refurbished 1957 decked out Packers truck
When the Pro Shop opens on July 17, there will be four days of promotions, contests and giveaways.
For a limited time, fans can enter a sweepstakes now through June 21 by visiting packers.com/fan_zone/contests/pro-shop-grand-opening.
One first prize winner will receive a $500 shopping spree at the new Packers Pro Shop on the day of the store’s grand opening, a $500 airfare credit and a one night stay in an area hotel. One second place winner will receive a $500 Packers Pro Shop gift card.
“We have a lot to celebrate and so do Packers fans,” said Kate Hogan, Packers director of retail operations. “There will be so much more to love! We wanted to create a place that would stand on its own, whether in Green Bay, Wis., or any other metropolitan city in the country. It is truly going to be a shopping destination and experience because of all there is to see, as well as all the merchandise that will be available.”
- Like Like
- 3 points