Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' game-day roster for Sunday's Week 1 match-up at the Seattle Seahawks. Reminder, only 46 players can be active.
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien
Running Back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, DuJuan Harris
Wide Receiver: Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jarrett Boykin, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis
Tight End: Richard Rodgers, Andrew Quarless, Brandon Bostick, Ryan Taylor
Offensive Line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Corey Linsley, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Lane Taylor, J.C. Tretter
Defensive Line: Mike Daniels, Datone Jones, Letroy Guion, Josh Boyd, Mike Pennel
Outside Linebackers: Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Jayrone Elliott, Andy Mulumba
Inside Linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington, Carl Bradford
Cornerbacks: Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Davon House, Casey Hayward, Jarrett Bush, Demetri Goodson
Safeties: Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Bostick (fibula), Tretter (knee) and Goodson (concussion) have all been ruled out of the Week 1 game with injuries.
- Jones (quadriceps) is listed as probable and is predicted to be active.
- Tolzien, as the third quarterback, and inexperienced Bradford were the easy calls as part of the seven mandatory inactive players.
- One inactive figures to come at the outside linebacker position between rookie Elliott and second-year Mulumba. Mulumba is more experienced but Elliott was the more electrifying player in the preseason.
- It was a difficult call to predict Janis inactive after such a terrific preseason, but the thinking is the Packers won't want to put the rookie coming from a small college in a pressure-packed situation in Week 1, although they may not be able to keep him sidelined for long.
- It's possible the Packers place Tretter on short-term injured reserve before Thursday's game. If so, they would be adding one more active player to their roster and one more player would have to be ruled inactive.
- Like Like
- 6 points